Who doesn’t love the thought of indulging in a nice warm scented bath every now and then? But then for some, this remains a wishful thought because they have to conserve hot water. Relying on a storage tank water heater will almost always guarantee that you cannot fill your tub with hot water.
Did you know that there is a solution to that problem? And it lies in the tankless instantaneous hot water system. Here are several reasons why you will be installing this hot water system as soon as you can.
1. Never run out of hot water. Traditional storage tank hot water systems can only contain a certain amount of hot water for a limited period of time. Most tanks can hold up to 170 liters of water. If you use an off-peak heating system, then your tank is slightly bigger. After you finish using all the hot water, the system needs a recovery time before it can give out hot water again. That means that at some point during the day or night, you will not have hot water to use. A tankless instantaneous hot water system heats the water as needed, meaning you will never run out of hot water.
2. You can save energy. When hot water is stored in a conventional tank, it needs to stay heated and this is something that takes a lot of energy. Since you only heat water when you need it with a tankless system, then no energy is used to preserve the water temperature. This can save you a couple hundred of dollars in energy bills.
3. You can use the space for something else. A traditional hot water system needs a fairly large water tank for storage. This tank either needs to be placed on the roof, or stored somewhere in the house or beneath it. This takes up space that could have been used for something else. On the other hand tankless systems are discreet, and will not affect how your house looks.
4. Traditional water systems have a lifespan of 12 years, while tankless systems can last you up to 20 years. You are better off choosing a system that will serve you longer.
5. Reduced effect on the environment. With the world experiencing the effects of global warming, it important to reduce the amount of greenhouse gases being released into the air. Tankless hot water systems emit a third of the amount of greenhouse gases that electric systems release. This makes them a safer alternative to heating water.
6. Most of the time, water that has to pass through a storage tank will have a metallic taste to it because of the rust accumulating in the tank. By comparison, water heated through a tankless heating system will taste fresher and cleaner.
7. Tankless water systems require you to heat the water to only 50 degrees Celsius which is lower than the traditional heating system. This reduces the chances of you getting burnt.